LUG group,

There seems to be some mis-interpretation of my original posting.  Please
let me try again with
the addendum in caps:

I have successfully run Legacy from a U3 Sandisk Cruiser 4GB flash drive.
The U3 software MUST be installed on a computer so that you can access your
flash drive.

On your flash drive, create a folder named Legacy. Copy all of your Legacy
files (data, pictures, sounds, video, et cetera) from your computer to the
newly-created Legacy folder on the flash drive.

OPEN LEGACY FROM THE HOST COMPUTER (NOT THE USB FLASH DRIVE) and browse to
the location of your database on the flash drive to open it.  (Note that
Legacy MUST be installed on the computer you are using with your flash drive.
You can copy the Legacy setup file to your flash drive so that you can install
Legacy on other computers.)

When I get home, I then use other 3-party software to sync the Legacy
database on the flash drive with the primary Legacy database on my
computer.  That way both databases are current.

I have been using this method for over a year using various computers.
Using this method is NOT
the same as using portable software on a USB flash drive, however, it does
provide a means of taking
your genealogy database to another computer to work on.

Sorry for the confusion.

Mark

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>] On Behalf Of Mark Wilson
I have successfully run Legacy from a U3 Sandisk Cruiser 4GB flash drive.
The U3 software MUST be installed on a computer so that you can access your

flash drive.

On your flash drive, create a folder named Legacy. Copy all of your Legacy
files (data, pictures, sounds, video, et cetera) from your computer to the
newly-created Legacy folder on the flash drive.  From within the Legacy

program, you can browse to the location of your database on the flash drive