Mark K wrote:
What a lot of ill informed nonsense.
How on earth is it easier to sort through every damn email than to simply look at a forum and then choose the topics you are interested in ONLY. You don't get every single useless, repeated and unwanted email clogging up everything. Message boards are in no way slower to email and usually faster, all the ones I use are instantaneous. Your point of sorting a mailing list is uneducated - a forum is basically a sorted email list except you don't have to receive or look at every email, you only look at what you are interested in. If you were on dial up now I doubt you would be wanting to receive a 100 plus emails daily on a slow list let alone the thousand you would receive on most. Did you ever wonder why mailing listed have almost died everywhere and forums took over - faster, easier, better searching, better history and you only look at what you want.

I suggest you unsubscribe if mailing lists are so odious to you. Having a strong opinion about something does not give you the right to call someone who believes otherwise uneducated. You are a rude individual who doesn't even know how to follow the rules of the list you are criticizing. Please unsubscribe and go to the forum on rootsweb. We will all be much happier.

--
Gene Y.
n2kvs