I am confused by the way you have the locations set
up, which may be why no one is answering you. You are
allowed to do it whathever way you like.
Your descriptions do not match your locations. What I
read it as is
Kansas = city
Chautauqua County = county
Chautauqua = state
other = other
country = USA
IMHO, city and state are swapped for the first
problem.
what is the use of 'other'. Is other a smaller than a
city 'place'.
What you might consider doing is finding someone who
is both MS Access literate, and a Legacy user, and
local to you.
In general, the locations must be separated using the
Access program systems, then renamed, then resent to
Legacy. I haven't played with it in 10 years, so I
would have to relearn the whole thing.
And the most important question is, have you been
consistant in the field usage as desribed. There are a
ouple of Access whizes on the LUG. maybe one of them
might contact you off-line.
Last question. How many people in your DB? You might
need to go to View, Master Lists, Locations and (after
backing up) go through and edit each location, one at
a time. The list will resort but it should be obvious
which ones haven't been done yet.
Good Luck.
If you want more in depth stuff, send to me off line.
Rich in LA CA