You
have to be careful though. If you edit the source detail in one place (even just correct a typo or add a space) it becomes a new source detail and will
print both ways in reports.  Any change to the citation detail has to be
applied to every instance of that particular citation.

I need to comment on the above. It is entirely possible, to me very desirable, that you want the detail to be different from one citation to another. To me, this is exactly why you have detail at all. Otherwise, you might just as well put everything into the main source and forget about "detail." [This might be how the thinking of lumpers and splitters is different. Splitters will inexplicably want all their detail to be the same, while lumpers will embrace those differences. ;) ] Anyway, if Lew wants to have only one master Source for a 1920 census that might be linked to several different families, he will likely have different source detail for each of them. This is entirely acceptable.

Elizabeth
researching the descendants of William and Sarah (Patterson) Thompson