Kirsten,

Out of interest I seem to have the same problem with the English censuses as
you have with the 1910 US template. I'm going away today but will do a
comparison when I get back.

Update your British Prime Ministers Timeline - Blogs
http://www.fergys.co.uk
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Source Confusion
> Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 20:56:52 -0700
>
> Lew:
>
> Aha! That makes all the difference. I haven't used FTM since v.11, and had
> a terrible time with sourcing there so didn't use it much. In the Legacy
> method, you typically have one fairly long source citation for a census
> listing, but it ties via footnote numbers to many different facts and events
> and the citation prints only once in reports. An added benefit is that if
> you occasionally forget to link a citation to a particular event you can
> easily go to an individual who "uses" that citation, copy it to the Source
> Clipboard, and with one click attach it to the additional field(s). You
> have to be careful though. If you edit the source detail in one place (even
> just correct a typo or add a space) it becomes a new source detail and will
> print both ways in reports. Any change to the citation detail has to be
> applied to every instance of that particular citation.
>
> Also, you might want to know that there seems to be a bug associated with
> the 1910 US census SourceWriter template. If you apply the identical
> citation to 10 different people or events it will print in reports 10 times.
> I know of no workaround, but when the programmers are finished cruising and
> issue another update, that will surely correct the problem retroactively.
> Meanwhile, I continue to enter 1910 listings and don't print reports.
>
> Legacy has just dozens of nifty tips and tricks that you'll learn over time.
> I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
>
> Kirsten

The John Lewis Clearance - save up to 50% with FREE delivery
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/101719806/direct/01/