Sorry to worry you, Janis.

I wasn't referring to using the source clipboard at all, quite the opposite in
fact.

If I understand your procedure correctly your master source is "WW Draft
Registration", using this master source as evidence of a dob but with a
different source detail sounds fine to me.

Update your British Prime Ministers Timeline - Blogs
http://www.fergys.co.uk
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 15:20:56 -0400
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] sources attaching to every event
>
> Ron,
>
> You said: "I have found a way of creating the error but it seems
> unlikely that you are doing this, and that is by just clicking on Edit
> Detail without citing a Master Source or adding a new one." Now you
> have me worried. If I am adding an EVENT - say WW aft Registration -
> to several people - I copy the event - go to the new individual and
> paste the event - then go to the source and EDIT THE SOURCE DETAIL and
> save it (also save it to the clipboard for use on newly discovered
> information like actual day for birth). Seems to work fine for me.
> Are you saying this will cause problems??
>
> On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 11:49 AM, ronald ferguson  wrote:
>>
>> Janis,
>>
>> You say "I copy it to the clipboard for usage until I am through with that
>> particular source." How are you doing this - do you use the blue arrow on
>> the Assigned Sources Screen or do you just "Save" on the Add Source Detail
>> Screen? (The latter does not add it to the source clipboard btw.) And on the
>> source clipboard, then do you save it to one of the 10 locations for
>> recovery later, or do you just use "Save"?
>>
>> When you come to use a Master Source again, am I right in assuming that you
>> first "Cite a Master Source" (or Add if it doesn't exist) and then fill in
>> the Detail Source form?
>>
>> I have found a way of creating the error but it seems unlikely that you are
>> doing this, and that is by just clicking on Edit Detail without citing a
>> Master Source or adding a new one.
>>
>> Sorry about all the questions but if we are to get anywhere I have got to
>> try and follow your exact procedure.
>>

>> Ron Ferguson
>

> --
> Surnames: McKain, Horn, Riale, Ulrich, Erisman, Leiphart, Reed and Henry
>
> Website: http://home.comcast.net/~geosci64
> EMail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> McCain-McKane-O'Kane DNA Group 1

Invite your Facebook friends to chat on Messenger
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/101719649/direct/01/