So much for clarity. :-)

Janis

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Janis
Gilmore
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 9:38 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] consistancy in sources

Sorry. I changed that posting to plain text just before sending. It appeared
to retain the list formatting when I sent it, but when posted to the list it
had lost it. For clarity:

Examples from my source list.

Geographically:
Illinois, White - census 1850 (Ancestry)
Illinois, White - census 1860 (Ancestry)
Illinois, White - History of White County (book, 1883)
Illinois, White - Index to Probate, 1822-1844 (book, Clark)
Illinois, White - Marriages (book, Vaught)
Illinois, White - Sinking of Gen'l Lyon (NY Times, 1865)

Surname, forename:
Walker, Helton R - homestead proof (1881)
Walker, Helton R - comp. mil. service record (CSA)
Walker, Helton R - obituary (MV Standard, 1901)

Others, particularly very broad sources, used for a wide number of people,
are topical:

Military - Civil War Soldiers (Ancestry)
Military - Civil War, Edward D. Gerdes web page
Military - Civil War, Soldiers and Sailors System (database)
Military - Civil War, pension index (Ancestry)
Military - Militia in the frontier wars, 1790-1796 (book, Clark)
Military - WWI Draft registration (Ancestry)

Janis