I think Legacy's gedcom format is not the problem.  It's just that a
gedcom file strips away all the formatting that Legacy uses to create
the nice EE-style citations.  One example is that the US census
template asks for Jurisdiction State in one field and Jurisdiction
County in another.  In the gedcom tag, it shows up as "1 AUTH State,
County" whereas in the EE-style source output, these two components
would be presented in the reverse order.

This would be easy enough to fix on the back end.  However, other
gedcom components would take some serious programming changes to
re-arrange.  I am in the midst of asking TNG to consider implementing
some of these.  In the mean time, I still think Legacy's sourcewriter
is awesome.  I just wish the gedcom did not make such a mess of
things.  It would be nice if each of the template components could go
to its own gedcom line and tag and then the back-end programming would
not be so complicated.

Gail Rich Nestor
Smyrna, Georgia
www.roots2buds.net