I have a line of cousins where two first cousins married and for the next 200 years, cousins are marrying cousins. When Legacy tells me I'm in a loop, I just nod and tell it to keep processing.

About your second question, children 85 and 86 - wouldn't you expect them to be different people?

JL
JLog - simple computer technology for genealogists
http://www3.telus.net/Jgen/jlog.html

Ruth Nerud wrote:

I've said before I'm attempting to create a Descendant Report for a cousin. Her parents were cousins; there are many marriages in both sides of the family where the persons are related. I've encountered two problems.

As the report is being generated, I get a window that says:
Marriage of XXX and YYY
This marriage has now been processed 3 times.
You could be in an endless loop.
Please note this MRIN ### so you can check into it later.
Continue Processing
Cancel the Report

I've created this report many times in previous Versions but since Version 7, I get this message. The Help screen says to click the Report Options button on the menu and select the Don't Repeat Duplicate Lines option on the Format tab.

This feature Don't Repeat Duplicate Lines is grayed out in the Descendant Report so I can't select it.

I don't really know what problems this is creating, but I also have this problem:

In one chapter, the Father is no. 73. Under him are his children, no.'s 85 and 86. So if I look at 85 and 86 they are for different people. This report has 17 chapters. This happens in over half the chapters; the other chapters, they are numbered correctly. I'm using the same Report Options for each chapter.

Has anyone else had these problems?

Ruth A. (Sconza Testa) Nerud
[EMAIL PROTECTED]