There are eight note fields. The seven 'Notes-X', and 'Event-Notes'. Example:
Using the Search tool Individual - 'Notes-Birth Place' - 'Not equal to' - ' '
(leave blank), will show you, on eight searches, all your notes with something
in them. Looking through them  each, if needed.
Then go to the Master Location list. If in every case Mcr means exactly one
Manchester, then you can COMBINE together. (Should be done already). If more
than one possible, then take each location in the list, 'show people', tag them
each, then determine which is accurate, use the COMBINE tool.
This is more inclusive, and possibly easier, if not faster, than finding the
pin in the haystack of a Gedcom-word document, since it needs to be printed to
paper, (I can't be SURE I found all on a screen before scrolling to the next
page).
This is part of the learning curve in producing genealogical data. Most of us
will admit to doing the same thing at one point. I was warned at the time, but
I said, 'I don't need to worry, I will always remember what my abbr. mean'. I
have two that I did 12 years ago, that I haven't a clue what I meant.
I couldn't tell where you have abbreviations at? but this should cover all.
Rich in LA CA