To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2008 6:19 AM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] a problem with assigning sources

Michele Lewis wrote:

Lewis Memorial United Methodist Church Cemetery (Columbia, Georgia; NW
corner of Columbia Road and Lewiston Road), Jeanine Lewis marker,
personally read, 25 Sep 2008.

Lewis Memorial United Methodist Church Cemetery (Columbia, Georgia; NW
corner of Columbia Road and Lewiston Road), George Luther Lewis marker,
personally read, 25 Sep 2008.

Lewis Memorial United Methodist Church Cemetery (Columbia, Georgia; NW
corner of Columbia Road and Lewiston Road), Bettie Jean Lewis marker,
personally read, 25 Sep 2008.

Lewis Memorial United Methodist Church Cemetery (Columbia, Georgia; NW
corner of Columbia Road and Lewiston Road), Myrtis & Myrtle Lewis
marker, personally read, 25 Sep 2008.

These five children (the last entry is for a set of twins that appear on
a single marker), all have the notation on their markers... daughter of
(or son of) Willie O. & Dora S. Lewis

Let's try and get it straight, exactly what you're trying to achieve.

Am I correct in thinking that you want to end up with, and for the sake
of consistency I'll use Legacy terms rather than yours:-

a) One Master Source containing
   Lewis Memorial United Methodist Church Cemetery (Columbia, Georgia;
   NW corner of Columbia Road and Lewiston Road)

b) 5 Source Details citing the Master Source
   1) Jeanine Lewis marker, personally read, 25 Sep 2008.
   2) George Luther Lewis marker, personally read, 25 Sep 2008.
   3) Bettie Jean Lewis marker, personally read, 25 Sep 2008.
   4) Myrtis Lewis marker, personally read, 25 Sep 2008.
   5) Myrtle Lewis marker, personally read, 25 Sep 2008.

c) Each Source Detail to be assigned to the Burial data of each child

d) Same Source Details to be assigned to the AKA of each parent

If so, then do it in the above order. Set up the Burial citations for
each of the children first.

Now, go to the Assigned Sources for Jeanine and copy the Source Detail
to the clipboard. Then, go to each the Assigned Sources for parent in
turn and copy the clipboard contents against the AKA entry, Repeat for
next child.

Does that do what you want?

--
Regards,