I have Legacy installed on my F:\ Drive which is a external drive. I have never had a problem, even with attaching pictures in My Pictures.
Thanks,
Claude

JLB wrote:
You can't install Legacy on an external hard-drive. You can copy all the installed files from your C-drive to the E-drive and then use the files on the E-drive and back up the files to that location and move your E-drive to other computers that have Legacy installed, if you want to do that. To save space you can move all your picture files to the E-drive only, but the installation of Legacy must be on your C-drive.
-----
JL
JLog - simple computer technology for genealogists
http://www.jgen.ws/jlog.html