From: Jean Suplick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2008 6:33:21 PM
Subject: [LegacyUG] Question on sourcing

I've been using Legacy for many years, but recently decided it was time to go
back and rethink sourcing. I had been following a method that had developed ad
hoc, but now I want to get serious about it. I've read some of the threads on
lumping/splitting, and it's led to a couple questions I'm sure some of you more
disciplined users can help me with.

I'm leaning towards lumping. It makes sense for things like US Census records,
SS death index, city directories, and the like.

However, for things like memorial cards, what would be the advantages of having
one master source called 'Memorial cards"? That's a serious question. There's
no common source information that would be shared, so what other reasons are
there?

Many thanks,
Jean Suplick