Hmmm, Karen, now that is novel - it's now 3-00am here, so it will have to wait
until tomorrow, but I *will* find time to look, always nice to come across
something interesting ;-). Thank you.Ron Ferguson
_____________________________________________________________________ *New
Tutorial* Publish your Web Pages  - Blogshttp://www.fergys.co.uk View the
Grimshaw Family Tree at: http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/ For The Fergusons of
N.W. England See: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/
_____________________________________________________________________ > From:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com> Subject: RE:
[LegacyUG] Margaret Married Someone> Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 18:45:54 -0800> >
Ron:> > I could follow that logic if it did indeed result in two marriages--one
to> "someone" and another to William Hood--but it doesn't. To start afresh,
one> might have a bride's name and date of marriage but no name for the groom>
(unlikely, but possible). Entering that would result in "Margaret married>
someone." No problem. If you later found and entered the groom's name,> that
should result in "Margaret married William Hood" rather than "Margaret> married
someone William Hood."> > Kirsten> > -----Original Message-----> From: [EMAIL
PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of> ronald ferguson> Sent: Monday,
December 01, 2008 5:08 PM> To: legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com> Subject:
RE: [LegacyUG] Margaret Married Someone> > > > Kirsten,> > With respect you are
not using computer logic. You are telling the computer> to marry the daughter.
So it does just that, but since it knows that for a> marriage to exist there
must be a partner it kindly provides one.> > You then tell the computer to
marrry a guy to that same woman, so not> knowing that the guy is the partner
which it had previously arranged, it> does exactly as requested. Hence by
complying with the requests - two> husbands.> > It really isn't based on a
matter of sequence but a matter of logic .> > Ron Ferguson> >
_____________________________________________________________________> > > > >
> > > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> > To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com> >
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Margaret Married Someone> > Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008
16:33:39 -0800> >> > Ron:> >> > In a sense I am marrying her to an unknown
person for a moment. From the> > Family View I'm adding a new daughter. Then I
go to her Individual> > Information and enter her date and place of birth, go
back to her Family> > View and click on Marriage Information and add that, then
added her> > husband's name in his Individual Information screen.> >> > It's a
matter of sequence: I entered the marriage date and place before> the> >
husband's name, which is what triggered the "someone." I would expect that> >
then adding the husband's name would override the "someone" rather than> >
leaving both in the report.> >> > Kirsten> >> > -----Original Message-----> >