Concerning some things on RootsWeb, you have to remember that some of
the problems may be due to basically being absorbed into Ancestry.com.
As to the HTML - Plain Text. I went to the woman who has been my
mentor for several years and she sent me a long dissertation on the
whole subject. Gmail has Rich Formatting or Plain Text and the biggest
difference is that in Rich Formatting you can imbed and attach items.
Also she brought up that some may use an email program that will show
all emails in plain text. Actually in gmail, I can not see that much
difference in the messages before I send them.

Marilyn

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 2:37 PM, Paul Abell <pcab...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Jackie,
> I'm not disputing what you say by any means.  But I'm sure Rootsweb uses
> many servers for it's mailing lists and it may just be that the servers
> for the lists I'm on are not having the same problems as the servers
> your lists are on.... just a thought.  I know with my websites, one was
> having a lot of problems a year ago and it was on a different server but
> with the same hosting company as the others.
>
> So, I will still try Legacy at Rootsweb for awhile.
>
> Paul
>

> On Thu, 2009-01-15 at 12:34 -0600, Jackie King wrote:
>

> > "There have been problems with some of the Lists for a couple of weeks
> > now and the server this list is on (9) has had some big delays in
> > sending out mail. They are working on it and hopefully it will get back
> > to normal now. "
>

> > Jackie
>

> Legacy User Group guidelines:
>   http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp
> Archived messages:
>   http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/

There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children.
One of these is roots, the other, wings.

-Hodding Carter