Janis

As you've heard already, there isn't a cure or even a reason why it happens.
Although a number of those with problems had a Dell m/c, others didn't. Also
people with other machines have had the problem. It isn't limited to Vista
either - I started to get it with an "Advent" machine running XP and now
have it with a Dell on Vista.

I find it sporadic. Usually if I try a backup after doing some changes in
Legacy. But yesterday I was using it for several hours and the backup was
fine. Other times, but rarely, it has broken if I try the backup immediately
on starting Legacy.

I've never tried to "trust" the failed backup. I will always go back into
Legacy and do it again, so no idea if the backup when you get error 91 is
OK.

I presume there is an incompatibility somewhere - with another package, with
a Windows setting, memory leakage etc. But nobody at Legacy has managed to
recreate it so far. So the thread just petered out in the end as there was
little we could do to find a common cause.

Jack