From: k...@legacyfamilytree.com [mailto:k...@legacyfamilytree.com] On Behalf
Of ronald ferguson
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2009 4:47 AM
To: legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] search index report problem

Ange,

I am having difficulty in picturing this as I cannot really see what you are
trying to do and why.

However, let us take the first bit:

Individual with the surname of Smith
OR
Individual with the spouse surname of Smith
AND
Tag 1 equal to untag

The 3rd condition only operates on the outcome of conditions 1 and 2, and I
can see it returning a result with a tag 1. For example do you have a
marriage of two Smiths with only one of the partners having a tag 1?

What out put do you actually want from "Print" - have you allowed enough
width for it to print? I am afraid that I haven't had to time to actually
work out what you are trying to do here and what the expected output might
be, perhaps you could help me?

*New* Improved Interface for OpenOffice.org Contacts Database
http://www.fergys.co.uk
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

________________________________
> From: gabba...@sbcglobal.net
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: [LegacyUG] search index report problem
> Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 17:03:31 -0500

> Hi,
>

> I am trying to generate a report and it is not working
> correctly. Below is listed the detailed steps of what I did. If
> someone would please let me know what step I might be missing or if they
too
> have the same error.
>

> First go into search and set the following parameters:
>

> Individual with the surname of Smith
>

> OR
>

> Individual with the spouse surname of Smith
>

> AND
>

> Tag 1 equal to untag
>

> Then I select search only search list
>

> Tag 2 equal to untag
>

> I then have my search list of people
>

> First error - it picked up a person that is
> tagged (Tag 1). but I can cope with this.
>

> I then click "PRINT"
>

> Which gives me the List Report Options.
>

> The grid fields I have checked are Surname, Given Name and
> Tag 1
>

> The optional fields I customized to read
>

> Tag4
>

> Tag5
>

> Tag 6
>

> Tag7
>

> Tag8
>

> Tag9
>

> BirthDt
>

> DthDt
>

> I then click Preview
>

> The report is listing their name, birth and death dates
> correctly.
>

> It also reflects Tag3 correctly but is not picking up any of
> the other tags (4-9)
>

> Thanks in advance,
>

> Ange

Hotmail, Messenger, Photos  and more - all with the new Windows Live. Get
started!
http://www.download.live.com/