Have you found any program that can do relationships?  It is so crucial to
genealogy that I am stunned that Legacy doesn't get it fixed after ten years!

Carolyn
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: John S. Adams<mailto:oldbr...@hotmail.com>
  To:
LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com<mailto:LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>

  Sent: Saturday, February 14, 2009 4:44 PM
  Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Incorrect Relationships

  I think the Relationship Calculator is, in theory, a great tool.  I really
  like the charts it produces showing the relationships of distant cousins.
  HOWEVER, I have almost stopped using it because it is so rife with errors
  and has been from at least Legacy 5.0.  The most obvious is that, with some
  multiple relationships, if you click the "Swap" button, different
  relationships are displayed, which is wrong.  Less obvious problems can be
  found if one traces relationships by hand and then uses the calculator.  I
  found one case where a generation was skipped.  The problems are
  ongoing--Legacy has solved some, but others persist.  Every time I look at
  it and try different relationships, I find more problems.  There was a
  thread on this subject in Aug 2006.  Some of the problems discussed then
  involved 1/2 relationships and some of those have been fixed, but I can
  still produce at least one.

  I hope that Legacy can do a thorough redesign of the RC soon and it becomes
  a reliable tool.

  John S. Adams
  Hermosa Beach, CA