What error?  What child?  What "correct designation"?

John S. Adams
Hermosa Beach, CA

From: "CE WOOD" <wood...@msn.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 15, 2009 6:30 PM
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Incorrect Relationships

Actually, the error occurs when the couple involved are the biological parents of the child. Only if one of them were a step-parent and not the biological parent of the child should the spouse be called husband or wife of the Grand Uncle or Grand Aunt rather than by the correct designation.

Carolyn
----- Original Message ----- From: Mary Hagen<mailto:hagen.m...@mchsi.com> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com<mailto:LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
 Sent: Sunday, February 15, 2009 6:21 PM

I believe that is worded that way is because the Grand Uncle is the person related by blood. If the aunt were the one related by blood, it would be worded Grand Aunt and the husband would be husband of Grand Aunt.
 My 2 cents
 Mary
----- Original Message ----- From: Gene Hutson<mailto:fish...@cableone.net> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com<mailto:LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
   Sent: Sunday, February 15, 2009 8:11 PM

   I think the one that I see the most and still boggles the mind,
    you'll have your Grand Uncle and then his wife who should be
    Grand Aunt labeled as "wife of Grand Uncle."

      Just 2 cents,

Gene