----- Original Message ----- From: "Art Seddon" <ased...@artseddon.com>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 15, 2009 9:42 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Incorrect Relationships

Gary Templeman correctly writes:

Hogwash. The Grand Uncle (or Aunt) is a brother (or sister) to one of his
grandgathers or grandmothers. Whether the Uncle or Aunt has any children or not is irrelevent. My brother is still an Uncle, and related to, my children
even though he has none of his own.

Gary Templeman

But your brother's wife is your childrens aunt only by marriage and should
be listed as the uncle's wife.

Right?

Art Seddon

I would think from a genealogical perspective that would be correct. When we go to visit however, my children address them as Uncle and Aunt, not Uncle and his wife. I don't know if that casual vernacular is the pattern in all families or other parts of the world however.

Gary