That will be quite a trick if he can talk to them at the family reunion ;-)

Gary

----- Original Message ----- From: "ronald ferguson" <ronfe...@msn.com>
To: <legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2009 4:41 PM
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Incorrect Relationships

That's fine, Art, but how do you work it out for your 10th great uncle/aunt and their spouses?

From: ased...@artseddon.com
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 15:36:21 -0800

Right, Gary.

All my aunts and uncles, whether by blood or marriage, were always called
aunt and uncle without reference to how connected. But we knew that (for
instance) "Uncle Gilbert" was my mother's brother and his wife "Aunt Ruby"
was not directly related but was accepted into the family by marriage.

At family gatherings nobody checked with a lawyer or genealogist. We loved
them both.

Art Seddon