I also noticed such instances of xgreat-grandfather being identified
as x-2 great-granduncle but I realized that genetically an x-2
great-granduncle is closer than xgreat-grandfather so it is not wrong.
If one sibling is your 27th GGF and another is your 25th GGF the 27th
GGF is also your 25th GGUncle which is actually closer.
--
Richard Van Wasshnova
http://www.gencircles.com/users/vanwasshnova