Barb,

I'm afraid that you don;t seem to have quite got it. The back-ups ie, the *zip*
files are only created when you either (a) click the Back-up Icon - if you
haven't got the Icon, right click on a spare bit of the Icon bar at the top,
select the icon from the pop-up display, and drag it to the main bar - or (b)
when exiting the program you click the option to create the back-up.

It is the working file ie. the 'filename.fdb' file which is auto-updated.

*New* Improved Interface for OpenOffice.org Contacts Database
http://www.fergys.co.uk
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> From: bschwart...@twcny.rr.com
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Saving files
> Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 19:53:02 -0500
>
> Thanks to all of you who helped me through this. I believe "I got it, now".
> Yes, Ron, I meant by "saved file" -- my backup. Thanks for your advise and
> I will save back up copies on the flash drive and the " C drive" - but I
> don't need all that I have saved to date because I thought I had to back up
> each time, not realizing that Legacy zip file kept the records without
> "backing up".
>
> Thanks again, Barb

Check out the new and improved services from Windows Live. Learn more!
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/132630768/direct/01/