From: k...@legacyfamilytree.com [mailto:k...@legacyfamilytree.com] On Behalf
Of Connie Sheets
Sent: Saturday, March 21, 2009 7:01 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] Unable to Uninstall; Missing Install.log file

If the person who was having problems a week or two ago with the missing
install.log file is still reading the list, he may be interested to know I
think I have duplicated his problem.

As part of my quest to rectify my unable to preview or print problem, I
tried to uninstall Legacy.  I used Add/Remove programs.

At first I thought it had just neglected to remove the shortcut from the
desktop, but then I realized the whole program was still there and
functional...so, for awhile I thought I had lost my mind or, at least,
forgot to actually press the remove program button.

Later, when I tried to uninstall again (both from Add/Remove and from the
Uninstall Legacy 7.0 button in the Legacy directory), I got the message
"could not open install.log" file.  So I searched for it, including in
hidden files, and it was not there.

I did retrieve it, but only because I had a backup made to Mozy several days
ago.

I put it back in the Legacy folder, ran Add/Remove programs again, and the
only thing Uninstall removed (apparently) was the install.log file.

I then downloaded and reinstalled over the top, but I still do not have the
ability to print or preview a report.

I will this to Support (tomorrow, as I'm burned out today).

Connie