From: k...@legacyfamilytree.com [mailto:k...@legacyfamilytree.com] On
Behalf Of ronald ferguson
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2009 3:27 PM
To: legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Disproven Birth?

Brian,

I know that with Legacy it's a pretty steep learning curve, and one of
the great things about it, which also steepens the curve, is its
flexibility.

when I first started I played and played to see what effects various
ways of doing things would affect the presentations. As my main interest
is in the web pages this meant spending a lot of time changing
something, creating a web page, deciding whether I liked it and changing
it if I didn't.

In fact I still do this when Legacy makes changes eg with the source
writer and can usually come up with something that I feel OK with - if I
can't then I don't change it (assuming I still have that option!)

The other thing I did was to click everything, both left and right.
Actually I do this with all programs which are new to me. You can't
easily break anything but do make sure that your data is backed up.

*New Tutorial* Create Standards Compliant CSS Pedigree web pages
http://www.fergys.co.uk/
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Disproven Birth?
> Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 15:10:55 -0500
> From: bbed...@japsolson.com
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
>
> Hi Ron,
> Thanks for the feedback.
> While I understand there might not be a right or wrong way of doing
> these things, I wasn't sure if there were better or worse ways. I'm
> still a beginner with Legacy and genealogy and so wasn't sure if there
> could be problems (say with reports) if I did things one way or the
> other. With respect to disproven births I had been just deleting the
> wrong one after I figured out which was correct -- but after watching
> the video I became worried.
>
> I like your idea of a note in the Birth Notes.
>
> Thanks for the help,
> Brian

Birth
> Notes, or in the To Dos, or even ignore it, if was a completely
> rediculous idea in the first place!
>

> Ron Ferguson

> *New Tutorial* Create Standards Compliant CSS Pedigree web pages
> http://www.fergys.co.uk/
> View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
> http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
> For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:
> http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/

>> Subject: [LegacyUG] Disproven Birth?
>> Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 12:44:36 -0500
>> From: bbed...@japsolson.com
>> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
>>
>> Hi,
>> In the Legacy Training video "Researching with Legacy: Events and
>> Chronologies" Geoff Rasmussen gives an example of a person having
>> conflicting birth information. So, he creates an event titled "Alt
>> Birth". This I understand and can do. However he goes on to say that
>> afterwards if one resolves the conflict that one should enter a new
>> event called "Disproven birth". I cannot find this in the Events
list.

>> How do others handle it when a conflict, such as a birth year, is
>> resolved? Should I create a custom event called "Disproven birth"?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Brian
>>

>> The information contained in this message is confidential. If you are
> not the
>> intended recipient, dissemination or copying of this information is
> prohibited.
>>
>> If you have received this communication in error, please notify the
> sender and
>> delete the message from your system. Thank you.

View your Twitter and Flickr updates from one place - Learn more!
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/137984870/direct/01/