From: k...@legacyfamilytree.com [mailto:k...@legacyfamilytree.com] On
Behalf Of Pauline B. Cramer
Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2009 3:59 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Master source for directories on microfilm

Hi, Brian,

It appears that you are using FHL films, so you will probably want to
use the Legacy template that allows you to enter an FHL film number and
an Item number, in Step 3., Source Details.

I believe when you enter FHL film number,  the repository automatically
appears as "Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah".

Looking at the Library Catalog on FamilySearh.com; and searching place,
Duluth, Minnesota, I see the 19 reels of film with each listed by title
and FHL Film number.
.
I see that 1915/1916 and 1916 are both on the same film number
"1915/16 R. L. Polk & Co.'s Duluth directory, 1915/16... by Duluth
Directory Co., Publishers -  FHL US/CAN Film [ 1843979 ]"
"1916 R. L. Polk & Co.'s Duluth directory, 1916... by Duluth Directory
Co., Publishers -  FHL US/CAN Film [ 1843979 ]"

The title I would use is what is in the film notes, example: "R. L. Polk

& Co.'s Duluth directory , 1915/16", or
"R. L. Polk & Co.'s Duluth directory , 1916", or whatever you are
citing, so that someone else could go back verify what you are citing.

Hope that helps,
Pauline Cramer

**
Brian Beddor wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to cite a residence that I found on a mircI rofilm at the
library.
> When I select "Directories" for a Master Source, Legacy has a "Select
> the Medium" menu which includes: "microfilm/fiche" and
"microfilm/fiche