I have Polish family members and Legacy doesn't recognize the POLISH
spelling  like

                     Józefa   so I do my best and spell it the English  way

In a message dated 6/2/2009 7:16:24 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
wood...@msn.com writes:

Those are html  codes.  Legacy doesn't recognize those.  It returns a ? or
some  other letter when doing what you advise.

CE

-----Original  Message-----
From: k...@legacyfamilytree.com  [mailto:k...@legacyfamilytree.com] On Behalf
Of Kevin Murphy
Sent:  Tuesday, June 02, 2009 2:53 PM
To:  LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Re: Estern  European characters in name and place
fields

you can enter them by  holding down the Alt key while typing in the 3
number code on you numeric  key pad.  The following  website
"http://webdesign.about.com/od/localization/l/blhtmlcodes-pl.htm";
gives  a list of the codes for the different characters. Forget about
the &#  just type in the number while holding down the Alt key.

Regards  Kevin
shamrockspi...@gmail.com
shamroc...@orcon.net.nz
www.shamrockspider.com

2009/6/3  Jenny M Benson <ge...@cedarbank.me.uk>:
>  wrote
>>
>> There are 9 different letters of the  Polish alphabet that have required
>> diacritical marks.  Of  those, just one (the "o" with an acute accent
over
>> it) also  appears in the current character ribbon (because it's also
usesd
in
>> some Western European languages), so that leaves eight  needed for Polish
in
>> both upper and lower case, for a total of  16 needed.
>>
>> Does anyone have a workaround pending  inclusion of these Polish
characters
>> in Legacy?
>
>  There doesn't seem to be any objection from Legacy to pasting  any
characters
> you want from Character Map, or you can just make a  list of the ones you
> need with their respective key-combinations and  key them in.  No *quite*
as
> handy as having them all on the  character ribbon, but perfectly
acceptable
> as far as I can  see.
> --
> Jenny M Benson
>

> Legacy  User Group  guidelines:
>  Archived messages:
>  http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/
>  Online technical support: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp

Legacy  User Group guidelines:
Online  technical support: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp

No virus  found in this incoming message.
Version:  8.5.339 / Virus Database: 270.12.27/2111 - Release Date:  06/01/09
17:55:00

Archived  messages:
Online  technical support: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp

Steps!