> Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 09:37:29 +0100
> To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyFamilyTree.com
> From: ge...@cedarbank.me.uk
> Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Re: Estern European characters in name and place
> fields
>
> wrote
>>I have Polish family members and Legacy doesn't recognize the POLISH
>>spelling like
>>
>> Józefa so I do my best and spell it the English
>>way
>
> What exactly do you mean by "Legacy doesn't recognize"?
>
> I have just entered the name Józefa both as a name and into Notes in my
> test file and Legacy was quite happy. It didn't recognize the name
> when I did a spellcheck, but accepted my addition to the user
> dictionary.
>
> I am using de luxe Legacy 7, latest update.
>
> I used Alt+0243 for the o with acute accent, but I used various other
> accented letters and symbols, such as a Capital O with acute and a
> thorn. No problems. As I said before, it works whether I type in the
> Alt codes or paste the required letter from Character Map.
> --
> Jenny M Benson

I haven't entered this discussion before as others explained how to do it. Only
entering now to confirm Jenny's solution.

*New Tutorial* Create Standards Compliant CSS Pedigree web pages
http://www.fergys.co.uk/
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

MSN straight to your mobile - news, entertainment, videos and more.

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/147991039/direct/01/