Robert, I tried it, and it looks like all of mine (as far as I could tell on a
quick run through the Index) are still in all caps.  I suspect my old software
forced that, so when I loaded into Legacy they came in all caps.  For the
individuals I've entered in the last 5 years, I guess auto-fill and the ALL
CAPS setting in Options > Customize kept the names going into the database that

Will now try some of the other procedures suggested here on LUG.
Thanks,
--Paula