Cathy,

I include them in the Location field because they will then print in my web
pages, and, to a less important extent, in my reports.

Tutorials: Programme of adding videos commenced
http://www.fergys.co.uk/
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 12:18:33 -0400
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> From: chorn0...@verizon.net
> Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Location Names and Addresses
>

> I've a question to all who place the cemetery name into the Location
> field: why don't you use the Burial Address section?
>
> I use the Burial Address section and when I want to see who I have
> buried in a specific cemetery, I can go into Burial Address ->
> Address List. Then I select a specific cemetery, click on the Show
> List button and then click on the Print button. Then when I go to
> the cemetery to take photographs, I have the list of everyone I need
> to find. If I want several cemeteries, I can tag them and print
> those tagged lists.
>
> Also, once I've placed a cemetery into the Burial List, I can call it
> up from the Address List and I don't have to recreate the name and
> address over and over again. I can also add the cemetery's phone
> number, GPS coordinates, web address and additional information in
> the cemetery's notes fields (i.e., directions on getting there or
> notes on how old the cemetery is.)
>
> I realize that different people have different styles, but I was
> curious as to why you would prefer placing cemetery names into a
> location field and getting reports that way as opposed to using the
> cemetery burial address field which allows for so much more.
>
> Just curious.
>
> Cathy
>

> At 06:42 PM 2/8/2009 -0700, you wrote:
>>Here is how I use the four fields to keep my city, county, state,
>>country organized:
>>
>>1. Always use the 4 fields inserting commas if you are missing data.
>>2. Handle Cemeteries, Churches, etc by using a "-"
>>
>>Here is an example:
>>Cemetery: Porter Cemetery
>>City: Wichita
>>County: Sedgwick
>>State: Kansas
>>Country: USA
>>
>>Wichita - Porter Cemetery, Sedgrwck County, Kansas, USA
>>
>>Notice the four fields are separated with commas.
>>
>>You can do the same with Churches.
>>
>>Doing it this way, you always have the Churchs and Cemeteries sorted
>>by their City, County, State, Country.
>>
>>Try it, you might like it.
>>Chap

MSN straight to your mobile - news, entertainment, videos and more.

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/147991039/direct/01/