From: k...@legacyfamilytree.com [mailto:k...@legacyfamilytree.com] On Behalf
Of Paula Ryburn
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 12:20 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Location Names and Addresses

Cathy,

Although I am still on the fence with this, I currently have almost all of
my cemeteries, hospitals and churches in the Event Address list.  If,
however, you use "book" reports, you'll find that when the cemetery (eg) is
printed in parens, it will include the entire address... which is redundant.

Further, although I haven't tested it recently, it seems I remember the
Event Address Notes don't print anywhere.  (For that matter, I don't know if
the Location Notes do either.)

--Paula in Texas

--- On Wed, 6/24/09, Cathy <chorn0...@verizon.net> wrote:

> I've a question to all who place the cemetery name into the
> Location field: why don't you use the Burial Address
> section?
>
> I use the Burial Address section and when I want to see who
> I have buried in a specific cemetery, I can go into Burial
> Address -> Address List.  Then I select a specific
> cemetery, click on the Show List button and then click on
> the Print button.  Then when I go to the cemetery to
> take photographs, I have the list of everyone I need to
> find.  If I want several cemeteries, I can tag them and
> print those tagged lists.
>
> Also, once I've placed a cemetery into the Burial List, I
> can call it up from the Address List and I don't have to
> recreate the name and address over and over again.  I
> can also add the cemetery's phone number, GPS coordinates,
> web address and additional information in the cemetery's
> notes fields (i.e., directions on getting there or notes on
> how old the cemetery is.)
>
> I realize that different people have different styles, but
> I was curious as to why you would prefer placing cemetery
> names into a location field and getting reports that way as
> opposed to using the cemetery burial address field which
> allows for so much more.
>
> Just curious.
>
> Cathy

12:49:00