Russ,

I record them as a separate family with a note on each family to show how they
may be connected. Actually Islay is so small that all families with the same
name are probably connected.

Come to think about they are probably all related :-) Or were years ago

Tutorials: Programme of adding videos commenced
http://www.fergys.co.uk/
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> From: russmcgilliv...@hotmail.com
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: [LegacyUG] How to Represent a "Best Fit" Ancestor
> Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 11:59:40 -0400
>
> How would you represent a "Best Fit" set of parents? This concerns a direct
> ancestor from a small island in Scotland (Islay). The available records have
> gaps such that his parents will likely never be known; but there is one
> family that stands out as a "best fit" in terms of locations, dates, names,
> etc. I want to include this next generation of parents (and include research
> into their other children's descent) but make it clear that this is only a
> best guess. (In particular, this assumes my ancestor was born on Islay and
> did not come to Islay from somewhere else.)
>
> Do you use the Children's Settings for this and add a new setting such as
> "Tentative"? This is not quite right - I want to represent that these
> parent's son Donald (who is not tentative) is the best fit for "my" Donald.
>

> Russ McGillivray

MSN straight to your mobile - news, entertainment, videos and more.

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/147991039/direct/01/