Thanks for the info.  FYI, when I first got the message, I went to Help and
searched for Run Time Error and Error Messages.  There was no heading for Run
Time Error and under Error Messages, it gives a list of Trouble Shooting, but
again, nothing about Run Time Errors.

As for links at the bottom of every message, never noticed them.  And I wasn't
asking anyone to "look it up for me."  I looked it up myself, it's just that
the answer wasn't there and I didn't know where else to look.  I thought that's
what this list was for -- asking questions when you didn't know the answers or
where to find them.  I've seen many questions here that were much more lame
than mine and the responses to them were not so hand-slapping.  Excuse me if
I've inconvenienced everyone on the list with my question.  I think I've asked
a total of three questions in the four years or so I've been on this list.  I
guess that's too many.

> Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 18:52:14 -0400
> From: n2...@cfl.rr.com
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Run Time Error
>
> Jean Moore wrote:
> > I keep getting the error "Run Time Error 3167, Record is Deleted"
> > and when I click on "OK," Legacy closes. I reopen Legacy and look to
> > see if the last individual I worked on or entered was deleted, but it
> > never is. This has happened about six times in the last three days.
> >
> > Is there something I should do to quit getting this error and/or is it
> > causing some harm to my database that I'm not aware of?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jean
> >

> > Online technical support: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp
>
> Every message has the above link at the bottom.
> Following it takes you to a page where you can search by error number.
> Error number 3167 yields the below directions.

> • File Maintenance
>
> Please perform File Maintenance. File Maintenance will repair index
> errors, correct common record problems, remove references to unused
> information, and compact the family file. Here are the steps:
>
> 1. Click File from the menu bar and select File Maintenance from
> the file menu.
> 2. Choose the Check/Repair option from the submenu and proceed.
> 3. If errors are found, re-run Check/Repair one more time to make
> sure that all problems are fixed.
>
> If that does not solve the problem, export all your records into a new
> Legacy family file (File > Export To > Legacy file) and use the new file.
>

> Before asking other listers to look it up for you, it would be much
> faster to look it up yourself. You won't have to wait for someone to
> answer before you can fix it and get back to your files.
>
> --
> Gene Y.
> n2kvs
> Researching Young, Zies, Harer & Cox with
> Legacy Family Tree
> http://h1.ripway.com/egptech/

Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.