I don't know precisely the record you are referring to about the name Rosaria
Testini.   I am new to this forum.  I may be drifting far from your question
and presuming too much or to little about your research.  Nevertheless, I offer
these few thoughts to be helpful.

As you probably know, Italian Church Baptism Records are written in Latin and
use all kinds of abbreviations.  Civil records are written in a dialect
Italian.  If you see the words "Rosaria Testini, Salvatore, Giovanni",  it most
likely means, "Rosaria Testini, daughter of Salvatore (son of Giovanni)".
Since these records are hand-written, noting the "tense of the Latin" and the
small words "fu" and "di" are also very important.  The Latin tense and these
other words change the meaning of what you are reading.   You probably are
aware the the word  "fu" means " of the late"  and "di" means "of" as in "of
the late Giovanni" or "of Giovanni".  Thus these words tell you if the father,
mother, grandparents, etc, were deceased at the time of the record in question.

The surname TESTINI and TESTA are very similar.  Sometimes you will find a
surname like TESTINA or TESTINO.   If so, they are the singular form of the
family name TESTINI.  It could be possible that the surname was changed to
TESTA, or the surname was spelled that way in one or two records only.  You
would need to trace your family's surname back in time to determine the real
surname and its spelling.  Adopted children sometimes use an "Alias".   In a
late 1500s, I found the use of two surnames by the father of a family.  Some of
his children were baptised with the alias surname and some with the other
surname.  I continue to research the use of two surnames, apart from logical
explanations.

Hope this was helpful.

Mike Barberi

 In necessariis unitas, in dubiis libertas, in omnibus autem caritas.
In essentials unity, in doubtful things liberty, but in all things love.
St. Augustine (A.D. 354 - 430)