Firstly, sorry about the html email previously - I've not been on user groups for some considerable times.

Further to the information below i have since realized any file attached through the "File" button cannot be opened, whether it be pdf or OpenOffice odt files. Yet some just don't open & some give the error message as below. I don't know.....................

Tom

Tom Element wrote:
Hi

Due to my desktop failing (XP OP), but fortunately just after I backed up & replicated all Legacy files to this Laptop (Vista OP), I am going through a process of getting lots of pictures 'connections' correctly organised. All going well except for one remaining problem.

When I attempt to open a .pdf file from the Picture Gallery (which was added in there using the 'File' button) an error message displays: "Can't Find Player." "There is currently no default media player set up on your computer."

I tried to set a media player on Windows but to no avail. I don't understand why a media player is required, if in fact this is the case. I did set Adobe Reader as the default to open .pdf files but no joy.

Some guidance or explanations would be great to get, thanks.

Tom