Tom, I agree that the thumbnail shows up in the Picture Gallery but can't be opened. I can open it fine by going back to the Picture Gallery where I entered it in the first place.

With regard to the second part, I clicked Delete & Open list for a path where I know I have documents that I attached to people. I found both myself (which also has pictures attached) & my husband (who has no pictures attached). So I am not able to duplicate your second problem. But I only just attached those 2 documents (and they were the same document) to test your problem, so maybe someone who has more documents attached could test your problem.

Kirstin

Tom Element wrote:
Hi Kirstin

Not exactly. The Picture Gallery shows Thumbnails of photos & symbols of Documents, as you'd know. Pictures (JPG files) attach via the "Picture" button & open ok. After adding PDF files or ODT Open Office files or RTF WordPad files to the Picture Gallery by using the "File" button they will not open when I double click on the Thumbnail. After adding TXT files or Open Office files with a DOC extension by clicking on the "File" button they open perfectly.

A further bit of information I've found is that going Options -> Customise -> Locations -> View Current list of Multimedia Locations -> then selecting any path -> Options -> Delete -> View List, I find the names of people with _only_ PDF, RTF, or Open Office DOC files are not there on the Path list.

(In addition the Path list names is not accurate at all, some people being on the wrong path or being on a path when they have no attached pictures or documents.)

I hope that makes sense, Kirstin.

Regards
Tom

Kirstin wrote:
My understanding is that you cannot open anything but pictures in the picture center. Is that where you are trying to open the PDF & doc files? That is what I understood you to say.

Kirstin

Tom Element wrote:
From Tom

Yes, I use Open Office & Adobe 9 on both computers. (The desktop no longer works at all but the files all opened okay on it when it was operating.) Picture files open fine, PDF & open Office files wont open from Sound, Video, or File buttons.

This was strange as I haven't been on this list for over a year & seem to have landed my question in the middle of a similar thread!

Thanks
Tom

gtemplem...@comcast.net wrote:

Just to confirm, you do have Word and a PDF reader (Acrobat Reader, Foxit etc) installed on *both* computers?

Gary Templeman