Hello Joyce

What Leon has said makes good sense and may make life easier in the future. Don't forget, after coping files from one pc to another, you can make some 'adjustments' if need be by going to Options -> Customise -> Locations. You'll see the default locations noted there, 4 pathways in V7. These paths can be changed by clicking 'Change' and following the Windows Explorer type window. Then click 'Reset'. But as Leon suggested, probably good to stick with the defaults. Just to give you an idea: You can click "View Current List of Multimedia Locations" to see what pathways Legacy has created in you application. Read the opportunities to make changes carefully, especially combining duplicate paths, and the items under 'Options'. Create a Path: C:\joyce_surnames\atchley\thomas in the Master Picture/Sound/Video File Path List Window, and a path C:\Legacy\Pictures then combine them to be left with just C:\Legacy\Pictures. There are lots of things one can do.

HTH
Tom

Joyce C. Wicks wrote:
Hi All,

I started what I thought was a good system for filing photos that are put into Legacy. I listed them in surname order and then by first name. For example:

C:\joyce_surnames\atchley\thomas.

This was good when I only had a few photos, but now I have over 400 photos with a LONG list of surnames, a file and subfiles under each one.

I want to be able to move my Legacy files and multi-media between my desktop and laptop and so that the photos will show up in each. Is that possible with so many different locations?

Would appreciate your assistance.

Joyce