Hi Paula,
If you will be using ltools it may be best to convert one basic at a
time completely.
I have been doing census conversions and am 70% done with them.

Start with a smaller one. From Master Source list select a basic and
click on show list. Next tag everyone on the list. Create a
"backup.zip" also a "backup.fdb", (File > Save Family File
As..."backup.fdb".
It takes one minute in ltools to do the conversion. You will be
converting one source in your Main.fdb and your backup.fdb will be
available to look at the basic version.

>From the Assigned Sources screen clicking Edit Detail on a Basic
brings up "Add Source Detail" screen with 4 tabs. The first tab is the
only one that gets changed. The freeform "Source Detail" box will be
replaced by the Source Writer template (blank). If you need the info
from the freeform "Source Detail" box to fill in the template you will
have to get it from "backup.fdb". Perhaps you will want to use Split
Screen. I personally fill in the template usually from the multimedia
but sometimes need to look at "backup.fdb".

I use Name list > Search > Show all Tagged 1 to find next individual
to work on. After I fill in his template I untag him. I do head of
family and then copy / paste from the event including the source. I
untag them as template is done.

Good luck

--
Richard Van Wasshnova