Boyd,

In the Source Detail entry screen there is a place for ID of person.

I guess I'm more of a lumper when it comes to birth certificates,
since most of mine are issued in the state of Miss.  Legacy seems to
lean toward lumping birth certificates, since the ID for each person
is at the Detail level.  However, even though you are citing each
birth certificate as a Master Source, you can still enter the ID of
the person at the Detail level for that Master Source.

Does that make sense?

Dede Holden