I added an event named "Notes". That may seem like a duplication of
the already existing General Notes but I prefer this approach because
I can put the pieces in chronological order with the other events of
the person's life. When the information is something I don't want to
share with the world, I mark the individual item as private. I have
occasionally written something in Word that needed more formating than
can be done in Legacy or needed to be shared with someone else but
even then I create the Note event and attach the document to it
because I want to have everything in one place so I can quickly see
what I have and to ensure that I don't lose track of the information.

Linda M.