On Tue, 4 May 2010 00:39:36 +0100, "Ron Ferguson"
<ronfergy....@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

>I would have a close look
>at all the new functions, eg Source Writer, which were introduced with V7.0
>and decide if I would have a use for them.

And I would also look at features that the programmers removed (multiple
citations in source clipboard) and changed (relationships no longer
calculated "on-the-fly", a relationship calculator that has been
reported by some as "unusable", etc.).

Only you can decide if the upgrade is worth it.

>Finally, if you do take the step, and don't forget to update, if you keep
>your old back-ups and *do not overwrite them* you can always revert back by
>uninstalling V7.0, installing V6 from Legacy's website and restoring from
>the old back-ups.

Follow Ron's advice and make a clearly marked backup of each of your V6
databases and keep them safe.

P.S. There is a way to install V7 side-by-side with V6. If you wish to
go this route, ask and someone will post the instructions.

Good luck!

--

Dennis Kowallek (LTools)
http://zippersoftware.com/ltools