When you say "it actually zips up all those MM files", does that mean
the actual images, once unzipped, would be accessible even if I had
moved or renamed the original files on my HD?  I'm hoping that's what
that means because then if your HD crashes, your images would still be
saved, although compressed. Am I understanding that correctly?

Thank you for being patient with this; I really want to fully understand. Kathy

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 4:06 AM, Dennis M. Kowallek <kowal...@iglou.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 23:14:52 -0600, Kathy Meyer <kmeyer2...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>If it were actually backing up those image files, that would
>>be perfect, wouldn't it?  Then all the images would be in a separate
>>back up file just like our data files.  But if that's not what's in
>>the multi media backup, then
>
> The "links" are stored in your main Legacy database (.fdb). So they get
> backed up when you create that backup. When Legacy asks if you want to
> back up the multimedia files, it actually zips up all those MM files.
>
> You can use a program like WinZip to view the contents of each of these
> backups.
>
> --
>
> Dennis Kowallek (LTools)
> http://zippersoftware.com/ltools

>   http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp
>
> Archived messages after Nov. 21 2009:
>
>   http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com/

>   http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergr...@legacyfamilytree.com/

Kathy Meyer
"To reach a goal you have never before attained, you must do things
you have never before done."
--Richard G. Scott, "Finding the Way Back," Ensign, May 1990, 74

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting
different results. ~ Albert Einstein