CHANGED to PLAIN TEST

I do not use spaces or dashes except to separate people of document type. I
started using this method when spaces were NOT allowed in file names. The use
of first letter capitalized has always worked, and the names are easily read.
Using the surname first, the files are sorted this way and one then does not
need a lot of different folders to save things in.

The naming that I use is DoeJohnBill-Obit.pdf, this allows things to be sorted
by last name and the document is always there. I always use the maiden surname
for all females. When they is multi marriages I use the "Blood" line family
member then a - and then the spouse then a dash and MarCert, i.e.,
DoeJaneSusan-SmithWilliamJohn-MarCert. Because sometimes there are same named
people, I will use birth and death years following names. I do this with
BirthCert, DeathCert and etc.

The REAL clue is JUST do things the same way MOST of the time and most anyone
can figure out what one is doing.

Also remember that files names can consist of up to 255 characters, but that
includes the "Computer name", drive letter and ALL folders and subfolders plus
the "\"between folders. "
\\DAVESDESKTOP\Daves28-H\_MyData\FTM_fills\Certificates-Important\AbernathyDavidClarence-BithCert.png
 " would be the full path/name, and you can see that the path adds up real
quick. This file is on another computer that I have on my network that I use
for file storage.
DAVESDESKTOP- computer name
Daves28-H -shared drive name
The rest are just the folders and subfolders on the "H" drive of that computer.

Thanks,
David C Abernathy
Email disclaimers
This message represents the official view of the voices in my head.
http://www.SchmeckAbernathy.com
== All outgoing and incoming mail is scanned by F-Prot Antivirus  ==