From: John Carter [mailto:a...@wizardanswers.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 6 July 2011 5:13
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Legacy Help files that are not very helpful!

If you don't find your ancestor on the first line of a census page, do you
ignore the rest of the page?

I did tech support for years and there's a reason for the order of
information in help files.  If you're too impatient to at least skim the
help file entry (note that I didn't say *read*), you're more likely to do
damage with an unfamiliar command. If you don't know all that a feature
can do, you probably shouldn't use it.

The signal to noise ratio on the list has once again deteriorated to a
level that's no longer worth my time to read (usually happens within a
month or two after a major update).  Don't bother to reply to this message
- I'll be off the list before then.  Odds are, there will be replies
because few people read this far.