From: Connie Sheets
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 9:14 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Filing Systems Obsolete?

I think the extent to which one goes "paperless" is (or should be) a
function of how your brain works, the extent to which you have published
your work, and the extent to which you have arranged for (and trust) your
potential survivors to save your work.  (IMO, most people will have to think
harder about pitching your paper files and binders than they will about
ignoring or throwing away your computer).

While I no longer print everything, I certainly continue to maintain paper
files.  I particularly need to have paper copies of documents to analyze
complex problems of identity, resolve situations of conflicting evidence,
and identify potentially useful indirect evidence.

Your brain may work differently, but I would suspect that unless you are
under 30 years old or have a highly visual or technical way of thinking, you
may miss a lot of clues or errors if you never print out and compare
relevant documents side-by-side.  I see things missing or incorrect on
printed family group sheets, for example, that I never notice onscreen.

As for filing, a simple alphabetical system works just fine for me!

Connie

Follow Legacy on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/LegacyFamilyTree) and on
our blog (http://news.LegacyFamilyTree.com).

-----