Joan,

If you have a ton of these attached as graphic images, then my suggestion might
not have value but if you have only a limited number, I would suggest using the
free graphic viewer from Faststone to convert your graphic images of
certificates into PDF files, then reattach as a file. This will avoid attached
documents being displayed on your family view as a photo.

I've used this utility for several years and convert all of my genealogy
certificate images to PDF files before attaching. After this, one click in
Legacy and the PDF file will open into Adobe Reader, where you can easily study
the document. About the only images I regularly attach in Legacy that are
graphic files are people photos and tombstone photos.

One image this works beautifully with are the Texas Death Certificates, offered
online as a graphic file. I just convert them to PDF files and attach. So easy
to go back and review them, or email a copy to another researcher. In Adobe
Reader, you can increase the size on screen, to bring up close, details on the
certificate.

To convert, just open your image in the viewer, do a 'save as' and select PDF.
Your original image is untouched, leaving you with the graphic image of the
document plus the same document in PDF format.

http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

~Mary