I, too, am attempting something along the same line as Joan. I am trying to
create a gedcom that will include only my paternal line (other than my
mother and her parents). I've even tried unlinking my mother's grandparents
from her, together with unlinking my husband from his great grandparents, to
no avail. I've promised a gedcom to some cousins who are really only
interested in 'our' paternal line, hence trying to split the file. I would
prefer not to gtake the chart route because I'm not sure how useful they
would be in terms of starting my cousins on their genealogy :-) Anybody have
any other suggestions?

Lucy