This is in a sense on-topic because Alan has refused to send us his
database so we can work with him on his issues.  I think this is an
important issue if we're to work with customers in the EEA area who
are bound by these laws.

It's unfortunate that there are cases when only having the database
will allow us to fix a problem that a customer has. Fortunately, it's
rare.... but I certainly hate to see us get bad-mouthed because we're
unable to fix the database when the customer is unable (or feels
unable) to send it to us!

But I can see that Alan and Ron are at odds with interpretation of
this law and I'm not sure further discussion will resolve anything.
Maybe one of them needs to contact someone who can clarify this law
for us - a governmental representative or a lawyer.....

Sincerely,
Sherry
Technical Support
Legacy Family Tree