Options Customize Launch says - default for Word Processor and is blank.
Sounds correct.
No, I select the correct file in Word and the wrong one appears in legacy -
doesn't it sound like that old first file is in a clipboard?  It says when I
del it in Legacy that it will still be available for other programs.  THAT is
what I want to get rid of.  But I don't know why it isn't replaced with the new
file?? Bedtime here too, Ron - for me.  More tomorrow.
Betty,

It is Options>Customise>Launch, make sure that it has the path and file for
your WORD exe program.

Your procedure is absolutely correct, but I would correct one thing. You say
that the ‘old unedited file’ is being shown – do mean it is opening in WORD?
You previously said that you had deleted this file, which I took to mean that
you had deleted it from your PC. If it is still coming up you clearly haven’t,
and it is still in the same location on your PC. So did you mean that you had
just removed it from Legacy?

I am going to suggest that you run File>File Maintenance>Check/Repair. I am not
too optimistic about this, but it is worth trying. If it doesn’t work please
come back to us, as in the meantime I will have a look to see if there is a usr
file which you can delete!

Ron Ferguson
http://www.fergys.co.uk/