From: Paul Gray [mailto:grayp...@telus.net]
Sent: Wednesday, 26 October 2011 9:37 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyusers.com
Subject: Legacy fdb in Dropbox was RE: [LegacyUG] some of my notes have
disappeared

Erica,

Since this is still about using Legacy, I hope it will be ruled on topic

Your last line said

I can understand using dropbox as a safe off-site place to store zipped
backups, but if you wanted to be able to access your current Legacy file from
both PC and laptop (not both at the same time, I get that) you would need the
working .fdb to be stored and opening from  dropbox, have I got that right?

Yes, this is essentially correct. However, to be precise, you put the .fdb file
in the Dropbox folder on your local PC, and while you are using Legacy you are
still interacting with your local PC. Only when you close Legacy will the
updated fdb file be uploaded to the Dropbox website for 1) backup, and 2)
synchronization with other computers if you choose.

And, yes it is very important not only to use Legacy on one computer at a time,
one must allow Dropbox to sync files after booting up the computer before
opening Legacy, or you could still get conflicted files.

All I did was move my Legacy Data folder to Dropbox, I left everything else in
C:\Legacy.

Paul Gray